If you want to know more about topics written about in this blog, please schedule a free 30min catch-up call with using Calendly - Schedule time with me.
Main Consulting Topics
It should be evident buy the blog post content; I am a big proponent of container-in-HPC in all shapes or forms. I like to slice it up into five segements:
- Runtime: How to run the container no matter how it got (schedule) here
- Build: How to build and annotate a container so that it can be shared and used to its full potential by the community (or internal)
- Orchestrate/Schedule: How to get the get a container to be started on a host. Most likely SLURM or Kubernetes, but why not simple SWARM?
- Distribution: How to get the container images distributed (and found) within a company, but also beyond. Spoiler alert: MetaHub helps.
- HPC Specifics: A cross segement around MPI, the use of GPU, target-specifics build and much more
As much as I love HPC, I worked in non-HPC environments and I am aware that HPC has not taken over everything and never will. Thus, I am happy to help in all container topics even if it is not HPC related.
- How to leverage better build techniques and practices?
- How to schedule containers on a host, a set of host or a cluster (single-node, SWARM all the way up to containers)
- Troubleshooting container behavior? Your container is not doing what you want it to do?
- ... and whatever you can think off ...
I worked for automotive companies, HPC vendors, a Berlin hipster StartUp, Playstation Now, Docker, AWS (EC2 Spot Specialist SA and Developer Advocate for HPC).
A lot of ground covered and a lot of experiences and failures captured. If you have question about anything else I wrote about (or you think I might be interested in) - please book a slot and let's have a chat.